Andy no more, Tyburn modified #1

Det slutade med att jag repade upp min Andy-kofta. Hade kommit ner till midjelängd, men var inte nöjd med varken tyg, passform eller mönster. Garnet var ju inte billigt, så det var bara att börja om.

Jag följer mönstret Tyburn väldigt löst – konstruerar om det fullständigt för att sticka uppifrån och ner i strukturen ovan. En kul utmaning!


I ended up frogging my Andy cardigan. I’d worked it all the way down to the waist, but wasn’t happy with fit, fabric or pattern. Since the yarn wasn’t cheap, I decided to start over.

I’m loosely following the pattern Tyburn this time, but completely deconstructing it to work it top down and in the structure above. A nice challenge!

Andy bulky cardigan #1

Min present till mig själv denna vinter! Jag beställde en större mängd Malabrigo Mecha i färgen Natural, för att sticka en mysig, stor kofta att gosa ner mig i.

Jag kikade på Ravelry ett bra tag för att hitta rätt mönster. Till slut bestämde jag mig för koftan Andy – även om mönstret är alldeles för dyrt med tanke på att det är one-size. Men, jag gillade den enkla modellen, så förhoppningsvis kan jag få den att passa som jag vill.


My treat to myself this winter! I ordered a larger quantity of Malabrigo Mecha in colorway Natural, to make myself a cosy, oversized cardigan to live in.

I browsed Ravelry for a good while, trying to find the right pattern. I could have written one myself, but I didn’t really feel like it this time. I ended up choosing the cardigan Andy – even though the pattern is too expensive, considering there is one size only. But, I like the simple model of it, so hopefully I can make it fit as I want.