– a pattern from Yarn-Madness
Available languages: English, Swedish
Available sizes: Nb, 3m, 6m, 12m, 2y, 3y, 4y, 5y, 6y, 8y, 10y, 12y
Looking for a cute summer top for your little girl? Or perhaps a gift?
Fair Lady is a quick and fun knit, worked top down a nd everything finished while you go – when you’re done with the body, you’re done! Great for both solids and self striping yarns. All sizes have been test knitted to make sure the pattern is accurate, but please let me know it you think you’ve found something odd!
Note: Several test knitters have expanded the back lace section to cover the whole back, a lovely idea! Just remember that you’re gauge is probably looser in lace than stockinette, so when doing this you should decrease the number of sts in that section. See testers notes for tips!
Gauge – 6 sts and 8 rows /inch in stockinette.
Size Nb, 3m, 6m, 12m, 24m, 3y, 4y, 5y
Appr 100/120/160/185 (200/220/240/300) meters of fingering weight yarn.
Size 6y, 8y, 10y, 12y
Appr 320/340/380/420 meters of fingering weight yarn.
3 mm knitting needles, or size to get gauge.
Notions: 6 different stitch markers, as following 1 for beginning of round, 3 for raglan, 2 for pattern.
- Newborn (chest: 15 inches/37 cm)
- 3 months (chest: 16 inches/40 cm)
- 6 months (chest: 17 inches/43 cm)
- 12 months (chest: 18 inches/45 cm)
- 24 months (chest: 20 inches/50 cm)
- 3 years (chest: 21 inches/53 cm)
- 4 years (chest: 22 inches/55 cm)
- 5 years (chest: 23 inches/58 cm)
- 6 years (chest: 25 inches/63 cm)
- 8 years: (chest: 26,5 inches/67 cm)
- 10 years (chest: 28 inches/71 cm)
- 12 years (chest 30 inches/76 cm)